PDA

View Full Version : Eyes Are the Window to the Soul

Patti Edens
02-02-2010, 10:23 PM
A little bit different type of window - out of the box you could say.

This is ET, a captive Great Horned Owl. I took his photo in a building at a State Park where he was entertaining the visitors. There were windows lining the walls of the building.

If the eyes are the window to the soul, ET's soul is a window to the outdoors. You have to think about that one...

Sorry about the quality of the photo. It didn't really hold up to the crop I made, but I had to zero in on that eye. I would have cropped even farther if I had the pixels.

Patti

Barbara Kile
02-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Very creative and OOTB! You've gone DEEP on us! :D

Kerry Perkins
02-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Great job Patti! I love the concept and your text to go with it - very Zen thinking there. The large crop doesn't bother me because I think the image conveys the thought behind it very well. Could take it to another place by using a Topaz treatment on it and masking back the eyes. Love it! :)

denise ippolito
02-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Patti, When I first saw this I couldn't help but zero in on those windows! Great eye for this one. I think that Kerry has a good idea regarding the Topaz, it may help to eliminate the "noise look". A perfect example of an OOTB theme interpretation.:)

Patti Edens
02-03-2010, 05:25 AM
Thanks Barbara, Kerry and Denise. I appreciate the kind words.

I wish I had Topaz. I don't have any idea what it would have done here. I think I looked at Topaz after seeing it mentioned so many times in workflows here, but I was confused about what to get. One of these days...

Patti

denise ippolito
02-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Patti, The Simplify Buzz filter is sweet. I use it alot. You can download the entire Topaz package for a free trial period to see which one you like most.:)

Jackie Schuknecht
02-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Good one Patti, perfect for the theme. Just the noise as mentioned, but I love the creativity for the theme.