PDA

View Full Version : Fracting San Diego

Arthur Morris
02-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Accidentally opened this image while working on Denise's Fracting tutorial that ran in today's Bulletin. It looked pretty good right out of the box (pardon the pun...) so I went back and gave it some time and all that I can say is Wow! Thanks a ton Denise for opening my eyes to this.

If there are any Bulletin non-subscribers out there (gasp!) they can check out their now-famous moderator here: www.birdsasart.com/bn315.htm (http://birdsasart.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=94ad23bd96f48a1de2ca612b3&id=8fc320e188&e=d2dae1e494)

Joel Eade
02-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Artie,

this looks like the fracted version of one of your pelican shots you posted earlier. The plugin really is a lot of fun and produces. the most unusual surreal effects.

your image is cool becuase you left details in the eye and the original image is well composed and thought out.

you need to be very careful not to become the next fract addict!

denise ippolito
02-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Awesome! I like the color of the water in the BG and the detailed eye area. The filter really added alot of punch to this already beautiful image. I think you may have the magic touch. Excellent image!:)

Arthur Morris
02-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Artie, this looks like the fracted version of one of your pelican shots you posted earlier. The plugin really is a lot of fun and produces. the most unusual surreal effects. your image is cool becuase you left details in the eye and the original image is well composed and thought out. you need to be very careful not to become the next fract addict!

Yes, this is the image that I posted in Avian a bit back. Denise taught me the erase-the-eye trick. And Denise is causing me to become addicted. :)

kevinmat
02-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Love it - this would look killer as a transparency on one of those back-lit advertising boards they have at airports

Christopher Miller
02-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Beautiful base image, Artie, and the frac work really makes it pop! Like the colors and clear eye.

Jackie Schuknecht
02-02-2010, 09:43 PM
The frac work is cool Artie, I would mask the eye back in, but less of the area surrounding it.

Patti Edens
02-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Wow. That's an eye opening pelican. I love the fract effect on this image. The royal blue color of the water fits this elegant pelican. I have resisted this plug-in so far, but with Denise's tutorials out there and all these wonderful examples, I might have to cave and get the fract crack.

Kerry Perkins
02-02-2010, 11:37 PM
It is great to have you posting in this forum Artie! This is a killer image, as is the base image. Funny how that works out... I guess I'm going to have to break down and join the "Hooked on Fractals" crowd. This image has a lot of elements that I love - the electric glow, the almost scary x-ray effect, and incredibly bold colors that are few in number which makes them seem even more intense. Hope to see more of your new addiction products!!

Arthur Morris
02-03-2010, 06:48 AM
Thanks Kerry and Gang and especially that OOTB Mod :) Without her help I would be Fract-less. I am curious as to whether Corbis will bite on some of these...