PDA

View Full Version : Living Farm

Barbara Kile
02-02-2010, 04:14 PM
This image was taken on the LBJ Living Farm outside of Fredericksburg, TX. The farm is preserved 'as it was' and is a lovely farm with lots to photograph. It's difficult being inside a small space with a tripod, etc and trying to compose yet another image in the window itself.
D300; f/22; Shot as a 3-image HDR, processed in Photomatix with some Viveza adjustments.

denise ippolito
02-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Barbara, I love the processing here. Your framing adds to the depth. Lovely HDR work. Maybe a tiny sliver off the top and maybe a little lightening on the top of the jug. Very well done.:)

Arthur Morris
02-02-2010, 05:53 PM
I like the framing and the look and the two objects on the sill. I find the fence in the yard very distracting as it makes it look as if you were photographing through a screen rather than through a window (but not much that you could have done about that).

Nick Palmieri
02-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Great composition and nice HDR work. There are a couple bright spots in the yard that may be a bit distracting. I am not sure if they are the result of the HDR conversion or sun flare but I think eliminating them would strengthen the image. Very nice feel to this image...

Christopher Miller
02-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi Barbara, Very nice framing and depth to this. I like how the rustic feel of the inside contrasts with the brighter colors outside. Well done.

Jackie Schuknecht
02-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Good comp and great HDR work. It has a lot of charm to it IMHO.

Patti Edens
02-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Great job on composing and shooting this one! The angle you shot really emphasizes the depth of the window. I love the HDR work. It looks so natural.

Barbara Kile
02-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Artie, I didn't like viewing the 'outhouse' through that fence either! :)
Nick, the bright spots were worked with Viveza. I think they appear brighter here than where I was editing them, but still may be an issue. I appreciate everyone's feedback!

Kerry Perkins
02-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Nice work Barbara, I love the warm, rustic feel. Nice balance between the colors inside and out and I love the reflected colors on the window sill. Good job of controlling the HDR effect!

WIlliam Maroldo
02-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Barbara: good job with the HDR, and I especially like the technical excellence of the window, the sill, ...actually everything on the inside of the window. The scene outside is something you didn't have control over, and IMO it detracts quite a bit. It would be very easy to cut out the window panes (polygonal lasso tool/refine edges/erasure tool) and put another image back there. Just a thought. regards~Bill

Barbara Kile
02-03-2010, 01:02 AM
Thanks, Kerry and Bill - and great idea Bill. It would be fun to give that a try!