PDA

View Full Version : the walk

niranjan sant
02-02-2010, 02:52 AM
its sad but true,that tigers are walking out of our lives. if the habitat destruction and poaching continews like this,there wont be tigers in india in next two decades.
canon 1dmark3
canon 300/2.8 @ 2.8
shutter 1/500 @ iso 400
image is cropped to suite the compo

Harshad Barve
02-02-2010, 02:56 AM
I am unable to see any image:confused:

niranjan sant
02-02-2010, 03:06 AM
forgot to attach the file,here it is

Harshad Barve
02-02-2010, 03:13 AM
Lovely raised paw and tail pose here , Liked this perspective very much
I have some different opinions , We need to protect tigers for sure and I guess concern authorities doing their best. Tiger poaching in quite under control. You may not see them like what we used to see 20yrs back but they will survive in NP. I guess if our neighbours support tigers and giant pandas , these species will last till this planet survives ,
TFS

Ken Watkins
02-02-2010, 03:29 AM
Miranjan,
Your image is an interesting comment on the declining population of the world's greatest predator.

Harshad,
I wish I had your optimism, I hope that this may just be sensationalistic journalism,

http://www.saveourtigers.com/pdf/66%20tigers%20dead%20in%208%20months.pdf

Harshad Barve
02-02-2010, 03:37 AM
I guess NEW media in India is saying every single Indian who lives in Australia is going to die ;) ,

Alfred Forns
02-02-2010, 10:58 AM
The raised paw makes this image work for me !!

Maybe a slight more room to the right and top in the direction the trail is curving? I like it a lot !!!

Marc Mol
02-02-2010, 07:43 PM
A fitting image here Miranjin, the raised rear paw is a nice touch.

I guess if our neighbours support tigers and giant pandas , these species will last till this planet survives ,
TFS

We have to be optimistic here, for sure Harshad.

I hope that this may just be sensationalistic journalism,

Me too Ken.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-03-2010, 04:46 AM
Miranjan,
Your image is an interesting comment on the declining population of the world's greatest predator.

Harshad,
I wish I had your optimism, I hope that this may just be sensationalistic journalism,

http://www.saveourtigers.com/pdf/66%20tigers%20dead%20in%208%20months.pdf

Tiger and leopard poaching in India is not under control. Some data about tiger and leopard poaching in India (from WPSI). The figures are in brackets.

Year 2005 - Tiger (46), Leopard (199)
Year 2006 - Tiger (37), Leopard (163)
Year 2007 - Tiger (27), Leopard (126)
Year 2008 - Tiger (29), Leopard (161)
Year 2009 - Tiger (32), Leopard (161)

Apart from the above there are many many deaths that are not recorded, as the forest department officials don't want to. For every case recorded, atleast 10 cases are not. You can imagine the extent of poaching. Photographs from a few places like Bandhavgarh and Ranthambhore may give an illusion that our tigers are safe. Unfortunately, they are not.

As far as the image is concerned, the perspective is nice. A lower angle and more space at the top would have been even better.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

niranjan sant
02-03-2010, 05:36 AM
i agree with you Sabyasachi as far as poaching goes. and even i wished for low angle,but one has to shoot whaever from the jeep,so could not get that chance.

Ken Watkins
02-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Sabyasachi,

Thanks for the information.

Shocking figures for the Tigers which do not surprise me at all.

The Leopard figures are equally appaling and totally new to me (not as much publicity or NGO's tying to raise money to save them?). I suppose the only thing you can say about the destruction of Leopards is that there is a relatively large population worldwide.Something you could certainly not claim for Tigers.