PDA

View Full Version : Gull Soaring

Indranil Sircar
02-01-2010, 06:24 PM
With rains in California last few weeks, I haven't had much opportunity to go out for photography... I took this few days ago with rain clouds as the backdrop. Applied DAP and Topaz Clean on multiple layers and then changed the opacity to get this effect. Hope you like it...

Dave Woeller
02-01-2010, 07:55 PM
I think this is just stunning. The gull itself is fantastic, but I also really like the effect you have achieved in the sky backround. I definately need to use layers and masks more myself. The learning never ends. Thanks for the inspiration.

Christopher Miller
02-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Stunning work, Indranil! Love the painted look on both the gull and BG. Beautiful flying pose too. I might add a little more room to the top and the right if it were mine, though that's a very minor point on this lovely image. :)

denise ippolito
02-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Indranil, Lovely image and rendering. Seems a bit tight for me BUT that is just my opinion. BG colors and softness are terrific. Well done.

Indranil Sircar
02-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Dave, Christopher, Denise, thanks for the kind words. Appreciate it a lot.

I agree on the larger canvas. This was a full frame image. I will add more canvas and post another version once I have access to my desktop.

denise ippolito
02-02-2010, 12:04 PM
FF is always a good thing to me:)esp. BIF.

Barbara Kile
02-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Indranil this is a beautiful shot and I love the soft details and background. Agree that it's a little tight; looking forward to your repost.

Kerry Perkins
02-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Nice image Indranil, I like the mood! Agree on more room overall and would suggest maybe boosting the mid tones a bit to brighten the gull. Very nice.

Indranil Sircar
02-04-2010, 10:59 PM
I have been travelling and finally managed to get to the image! here is a repost...