PDA

View Full Version : karoo moon

peter delaney
02-01-2010, 09:28 AM
this moon rise caught me totally by surprise as I drove thru the Karoo. Hand held as it would have taken too long for tripod set up.

all the PP has been done on laptop , everytime i move my screen it looks different so no idea how will look on yours...:)

D3 70 -200 iso 800 1/320 @ f8, cropped from LHS and top...

Dave Mills
02-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Hi Peter, Nice time of day with the moon as a bonus. I did a few things to the image. I cropped the top and I selected the lower half of the image. Applies S/H to lighten it a bit and bring up the grass foreground. After bringing it up I noticed the grasses were soft(probably due to wind). If this were mine I would of added more of the grasses to the base.
After seeing the repost the center came out a bit lighter than I wanted.

Dave Leroy
02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Interesting looking light. I like the sunset? light on the mountain with moon in bg. Cropped repost would be my preference, and to me it looks like a slight cw rotation may be in order. Dave

Robert Amoruso
02-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Peter,

I agree with Dave Mills on the FG grasses. I agree with Dave Leroy it looks like a CW rotation is needed but may be optical illusion.

It appears you have a sharpening halo between the mountains and sky.

Kobus Tollig
02-03-2010, 08:08 AM
I like what Dave did here. Nice shot well done. Maybe move the moon a bit more to the right to get it on a third