PDA

View Full Version : Orchid

Nicolas Frève
01-31-2010, 02:11 PM
http://www.pbase.com/nicolasfreve/image/121555283.jpg

<table align="center" border="1" cellpadding="1" width="450"><tbody><tr><td class="sb" colspan="2">Full EXIF Info</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Date/Time</td><td class="lid">31-Jan-2010 13:42:31</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Model</td><td class="lid">NIKON D3</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Flash Used</td><td class="lid">Yes (3)
</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Focal Length</td><td class="lid">200 mm</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Exposure Time</td><td class="lid">1/250 sec</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Aperture</td><td class="lid">f/22</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">ISO Equivalent</td><td class="lid">200</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Exposure Program</td><td class="lid">manual
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Thanks for looking:)

Charles Wesley
01-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Nicholas,

Like the color, composition and sharpness on this one. Would also look good with a black BG.
Thanks for sharing...

Julie Kenward
01-31-2010, 07:23 PM
Hi Nicolas! I like the image overall - you've got everything in focus (which isn't all that easy with an orchid!) The composition is very nice - as it sweeps across the frame it carries your eye with it. The one thing I noticed was that the whites looked a little hot at the bottom (probably from the flash.) I selected the white BG and then opened a levels adjustment and pushed everything to the right, which should have rendered the BG to black. What I saw was an area that no matter what I did to it, couldn't be pulled down because there was no data there. I then grabbed the eye dropper on the levels adjustment panel and clicked down in that same area that appeared to be hot and it pulled the whites back into line. (It did, however, leave the whites at the top that weren't hot a bit on the light gray side.)

This is not a big deal if you go to print it but is something to watch for the next time you're setting up your flashes. You might want to dial back on the one that was hitting towards the bottom center of your image to keep it from blowing out the whites the next time.

Mike Moats
02-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Hey Nickolas, I really like the comp. Good details and I think the white BG works great.:)

Anita Bower
02-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Beautiful! Yellow on white--very nice. Good composition and clarity. Jules commented on the blown out white in the center of the flowers, which is the only thing that might need improvid. Yellows can be difficult, and you did a lovely job. :)