PDA

View Full Version : Norm Dulak very ill

Linda Dulak
01-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Since Christmas, Norm has been very ill. He's been in ICU most of the time since the 27th of Dec with severe lung problems. They do not know why he got sick, but he has been on a ventilator for two times for 6 days each. His lung problems are very similar to that seen with the H1N1 flu, but he's not had that. He's currently being evaluated for a lung transplant. We are hoping that he will be accepted for a transplant and then soon be out and about with his camera and posting again.

Prior to Christmas he seemed healthy and was very active, having been to Conowingo several times in Dec for photography of eagles. I guess you never know what is just around the corner for anyone. Hug your spouse or SO and your kids and be sure to enjoy your time with them. Life can turn very quickly.

Linda

David Fletcher
01-30-2010, 08:51 AM
Sorry to hear Linda. Hope Norm pulls through ok. Our thoughts are with you in these troubled times.

Alfred Forns
01-30-2010, 08:52 AM
So sorry to hear Linda Will be praying for Norm and I'm confident he will make a full recovery.

LouBuonomo
01-30-2010, 08:56 AM
So sorry to hear this.. both of you be strong.

Bill Jobes
01-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Very sorry to hear this, Linda.

All the best to Norm for a full recovery, and strength to you as you love and care for him.

John Chardine
01-30-2010, 09:27 AM
I am so sorry to hear this Linda. I was only just emailing Norm before Christmas about Antarctica. So the goal is for BOTH of you to get there in the future. My thoughts are with you.

Linda Dulak
01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks everyone. And John, he was especially taken with your photos. I, reluctantly, canceled our trip to Antarctica yesterday. We hope that next year we can make it. It was interesting that as we made the reservations, he said cautiously that you never know what's around the corner. We have to do what we can while we can. Unfortunately, fate stepped in too soon. But we hope that he will be out and about with his camera this spring or summer.

Linda

Axel Hildebrandt
01-30-2010, 02:21 PM
I've been thinking about you and Norm since I haven't seen him online in a long time. I'm very sorry to hear that Norm still doesn't feel better and that you had to cancel the trip, what a disappointment this must be. Please tell Norm that I wish him all the best, a quick recovery and that he is missed on the forum.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Sorry to hear this, I hope everything goes OK Linda.

denise ippolito
01-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Linda, I am so sorry to hear this news. I remember all the Conowingo images you both posted and was wondering where you guys were. Life is so precious. Please keep us posted and we will keep our fingers crossed for the transplant.

Grace Scalzo
01-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Linda, thank you for sharing this with us. Please wish Norm well, be strong, and we are all pulling for Norm.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-30-2010, 09:38 PM
HI Linda

Please say hi to Norm for me and wish him a speedy recovery. :)

Christopher C.M. Cooke
01-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Hang in there Norm and come back soon.:)

Ed Cordes
01-31-2010, 09:12 PM
Linda, this is terrible news. Gail and I hope all works out well. You are right, you never know!

Doug Brown
01-31-2010, 09:23 PM
Sorry to hear about Norm. Please send him my get well wishes!

Harshad Barve
01-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Very sorry to hear this, Linda. All the best to Norm for a full recovery

Linda Dulak
02-04-2010, 06:52 PM
A brief update. Norm is now listed on the lung transplant list. It's now a matter of waiting for a suitable organ. So far he's stable but still in the ICU.

Linda