PDA

View Full Version : berry nice lunch

Bruce Enns
01-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Hi all, Today we had a visit from a very enthusiastic flock of Cedar Waxwings, which made good use of the Mountain Ash, Firethorn (Pyracantha crenulata), and Douglas Juniper berries. This one posed for me while gulping down a couple of bright orange berries from the Firethorn bush. I have removed a couple of branches that merged with parts of the bird.

Canon 7D, Canon 500 f/4 with 1.4x, ISO 400, 1/250s, f/5.6, +1EV.

I can't decide whether I should crop a bit from the top or not...this image is full frame.

All comments and critiques are welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!
Bruce

kevinmat
01-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Bruce, really a stunning image, with lovely detail. Congratulations on a very fine capture.

Lorant Voros
01-30-2010, 12:52 AM
Bruce,

I like the composition as it is and even more I like the colors, the detail and sharpness. You have a nice and clear BG too. Congrats.

Dave Leroy
01-30-2010, 12:38 PM
A really nice image with the full view of all the feather details. I particularly like the sharpness and colours. As I looked at the photo, prior to reading your comments, I thought I would take a tad off the top. Very well done. Dave

Jackie Schuknecht
01-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Great colours , sharpness and pose. Love the berries and the red things on the tips of the wings. Agree with taking a bit off the top.

Steve Canuel
01-31-2010, 12:12 AM
Nice looking picture. Bird is nicely posed for you and framed by the branches. Nice color combo with leaves, bird, and BG.

Bruce Enns
01-31-2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks very much for your comments Kevin, Lorant, Dave and Jackie. Much appreciated! and Steve!

Cheers!
Bruce

Matthew Studebaker
02-02-2010, 04:00 PM
I definitely like the compostion as-is. No crop needed. Excellent perch, pose, background. The whites look a bit hot to me but other than that this is perfection.