PDA

View Full Version : Peony on Frac

Julie Kenward
01-29-2010, 08:57 PM
I used the random generator button in Fractalius to come up with this one. I then added a classical soft focus filter from Nik Color Efex and ran a high level of noise reduction to really smooth it out. I brought up the light tones in the yellow area and sharpened this part of the image only.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Super cool Jules. Such a calm image. Hit the jackpot when you pressed the button, and TFS your workflow. If I didn't see the petals I would almost think this was an anemone.

Christopher Miller
01-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Beautiful, Jules! :) Love the soft colors and feel, and the swirling effect on the flower center. Only thing I might change would be tone down the white areas a bit. I think that might help enhance the softness.

Indranil Sircar
01-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Excellent composition, Julie. Just can't stop looking at the colors and the effect! Beautifully done.

denise ippolito
01-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Jules, This has alot of dimension. The soft colors have a nice flow. I agree w/ Christopher and would tone down some of the bright spots. You really have got a good handle on the frac. filter!:)

Julie Kenward
01-30-2010, 08:08 AM
It's so funny how you miss those things before you upload the image! Thanks everyone. I'll go back and tone it down a bit in a few places.