PDA

View Full Version : Who"s Hungry

Joe Senzatimore
01-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Not the most artistic,clean shot but too good an opportunity to pass up. Have never seen an Anhinga Chick , no less a feeding. The nests at Wako have no foliage around them due to the cold snap , so they offer views not normaly seen. This is from today spent shooting with 2 of the nicest people on the face of the earth. Thanks for a great morning Alfred and Fabs.

800ISO f8 at 1/2500th

Phil Ertel
01-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Hi Joe, I agree with you. If I had been there I also would have hit the shutter release. I like the behavior you captured. The wide open mouth and the chicks competing for the food is interesting. I also agree with your statement that this is not the most artistic image (I did enjoy it). Never the less, if this were mine I would try the following things to see if the presentation was enhanced.

1. I would even out the upper left hand corner to reduce or eliminate the bright area as this area tends to draw my eye away from the birds. I also might try a small amount blurring of the background.

2. I would do a little pruning of the branches behind the birds and possibly the tips of a couple of the branches that are in front of the birds (center bottom third).

3. I would try and reduce the tone down the white wash on the nest.

Thanks for sharing.

Joe Senzatimore
01-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks Phil. I worked on this before I posted it. Tough to do on a laptop. You should have seen the original.

Phil Ertel
01-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi Joe, I hear you. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Still a nice behavior stop.