PDA

View Full Version : Family feud

Jim Caldwell
01-02-2008, 08:12 PM
I made this image at the Chipley Wolf Reserve at the last session hosted by Jason Hahn. A deer carcass was brought in (road kill) and a pack of wolves were released to enjoy their meal. One small altercation broke out and I managed to record a few frames.

Canon 1ds MK II n, 1/1000 @ F/8 on manual, ISO 400, 100-400mm Canon zoom set at 285mm. I brushed out a small branch behind the middle wolf, this is not cropped.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi Jim this is an incredible image that documents some very dynamic behavior. You did well to capture this action as it really tells a story. No nits for me !!!

George DeCamp
01-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Love the action here Jim, the teeth tell the story. My nit is the left side of the frame is a bit weaker. Not sure you can crop it back too much though. Must have been a sight to see and hear. This is a cool image!

D. Robert Franz
01-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Quite graphic with some great behavior. Technicals look right on.. Left side of the image is a bit static and your almost lost the wolf on the right..

Jasper Doest
01-05-2008, 05:57 AM
Wow, I'd love to see this in the field one day. Interesting composition with the wolf on the left doing its own thing. I do find the whole scene is a bit too tight...it would have been nicer if you would have zoomed out a bit. The cloning is a bit too obvious here IMO.

DanWalters
01-05-2008, 09:06 AM
I really like the interaction between the wolves. Very intense.