PDA

View Full Version : Kestrel - female with a field mouse

Ofer Levy
01-29-2010, 07:53 AM
1D Mark 3, Canon 300 f2.8, x2, 1/800, f6.3, iso 500, car as a hide

Another one I recently took in Israel with my buddy Doron Hoffman. This is a wild field mouse and not a bait. We attached our perch to this female's favourite perch and waited. We were rewarded with a few keepers in the two hours session.

Cropped from a horizontal

Lana Hays
01-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Ofer
This image tells quite a story. I almost feel sorry for the mouse.....he almost looks like he's begging to be spared. I like the composition and the perch as well. It appears a bit light but I'm on my small laptop at school and all images appear light. Well done.

DustinFinn
01-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Really love the attention you're getting from both the bird and the prey there - eye contact is sweet. Lovely background too.

Lorant Voros
01-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Hello Ofer,

Your knowledge on this bird paid off. Nice eye contact(from both bird and mouse) and nice colors. Head seems to be a bit soft from maybe movement or it need some more sharpening. It seems to be a little overexposed...if you look at your levels in PS you are cutting a bit on the right side. Maybe you can go back to ACR and try to correct it.
Congrats.

arash_hazeghi
01-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Another big mazel tov Ofer! love the details and the prey!!! color balance is very good in this one. so is exposure. I would just sharpen the tip of the beak a little and not touch anything else.

Thanks for sharing :)

Malcolm Benn
01-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Wonderful image hopefully you got more than just a few.