PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Vida van der Walt
01-29-2010, 01:07 AM
A closer crop of my previous post. Like Jerry, I am also unsure if a bigger crop is not better although I now have a square crop. What do you think?:)

Jerry van Dijk
01-29-2010, 03:55 AM
Hi Vida, I like it! It's a bit closer crop than I had in mind, but I like it a lot! I would consider cropping a bit more from the left (to lose those few hairs sticking in) and the right (to lose some or most of the vertical part of the OOF leg). I think the square works well with this subject and composition. I'm amazed on how well the details hold with this much closer cropping. I'll have to switch to a new camera soon......

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-29-2010, 04:40 AM
I like it, but perhaps even tighter. Here's my idea. Not sure how you like it. Nice and close for me though. :D Come on little spider, come to daddy. :D

Vida van der Walt
01-29-2010, 05:10 AM
Hi Jerry and Akos. I think the tighter crop works well and I like it. This little guy is difficult to compose as it is just hairs and legs everywhere. Akos, no, it is going to come to mommy!:D

Anita Bower
01-29-2010, 08:12 AM
I think I don't want to meet this creature!! Unsure about the crops--there are elements of each that I like.

Julie Kenward
01-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Vida, I like the first crop here better than Akos' version but I really like the original better - I like seeing that leg coming at me (at least I do in the image...don't ask about real life! :eek:;):eek:)

This one focuses on all the little details better but the first shows the personality of the spider better IMO. Both work - just for different reasons.

Allen Sparks
01-29-2010, 02:54 PM
I like them both for the reasons Julie states. The tight crop really shows the details.

Vida van der Walt
01-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Thank you Anita, Jules and Allen. Much appreciated.:)