PDA

View Full Version : Trumpeter Swans

Dave Leroy
01-28-2010, 10:50 PM
I took this a couple weeks ago. 50D, 500mm at f/4, 1/1000, EC+1.5, ISO400. There was not much I could do about dof. I cropped off the bottom for a pano effect and darkened the sky a bit. Dave

Mark Adkins
01-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Hi Dave,

I like it. I like the composition, exposure and detail. I suspect you will be critiqued on overlapping subjects and maybe shadows.

Mark

Dave Leroy
01-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Thanks Mark, and I suspect you may be right about the critiques. I was tempted to do more about the shadows and decided not to. For me it was a unigue shot not having the opportunity with three birds flying in atight formation that close to me before. Dave

Ilija Dukovski
01-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Shadows and overlapping birds yes, but the image has great colour quality.
The heads form a nice triangle composition and the eye contact is excellent.
I only wish the head on the bird on the right was in focus too.

Steve Maxson
01-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Beautiful light, nice flight angle, good comp, and I don't mind the overlap as all three heads are in the clear. The first 2 birds are very sharp and I would consider the 3rd bird "acceptably sharp" in the context of this image. Good detail in most of the shadows though you might try to lighten up the very dark shadows along the bottom of the bird's breasts and bellies. You might also consider lightening the sky a bit as the blue looks rather dark to my eye. :)