PDA

View Full Version : Black-crested Titmouse

Joe Brown
01-27-2010, 11:03 AM
This is one of my most favorite images that I shot sometime ago at the Bentsen-Rio Grande Valley State Park in Texas. As is often the case in the Rio Grande valley, it was quite windy that day. I like the way the effect the wind had on this guy's crest. He looks like he has a real attitude. Wonder what you think of it.
5D, 300mm 2.8, 1.4TC,
f6.3, 1/500, ISO 800

Selective sharpening of bird and perch, removal of some branches rhs.

Joe

http://www.joebrownphotography.net/images/BCTM.jpg

William Malacarne
01-27-2010, 11:26 AM
I like the bird a lot, especially the eye and crest. Maybe take a tad off of the left and top to move the bird more away from center. Also would desaturate the green sprout behind his head.

Bill

Bill Dix
01-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Great looking bird! Love the pose, tuft, head angle and OOF background. Agree about a bit off the left, and maybe a corresponding amount off the bottom IMHO. But a beautiful image as posted.

Alfred Forns
01-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Mighty fine looking image, agree on a bit of the left and bottom, will place bird in better position !! Love the bg and overall feel, pose with raised crest is just great !!! Big Congrats !!

.... this is an excellent illustration that you don't have to zero in on the bird for coming up with a sweet image, incorporating the bg will do just nicely !!!

Gus Cobos
01-27-2010, 01:57 PM
A beautiful capture indeed Joe. Agree on cropping left and bottom...The feel is over the top. Keep them coming...:cool:

Oscar Zangroniz
01-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Lots of details and sharp, great HA and eye contact.