niranjan sant
01-27-2010, 07:15 AM
canon 1dmark3
canon 500+1.4x @ f-8
shutter at 1/200
iso-400

Todd Frost
01-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Nice comp, pose and bg. It is a little dark as the bird was backlit, did you use any ec adj? Opening up the shadows a little will help. A little more room all around would be nice if you have it. I did a quick adj in ps, see what you think. You will be able to do much more from the original but this gives an idea. TFS
Todd

Joe Brown
01-27-2010, 01:06 PM
This is a very impressive bird. As Todd points out it is unfortunate that the bird is backlit. In this case I'm afraid there is only so much that can be done in PS. Hopefully you'll have an opportunity to capture this great looking bird in the near future with much better light conditions.

Joe

adrian dancy
01-27-2010, 02:02 PM
I think a bit of fill-flash would have helped. The reworked image is over saturated especially around the eye...but a gallant attempt IMHO. Impressive bird with good perch and background.

niranjan sant
01-28-2010, 12:25 AM
thank you all for your valuable comments. the original picture is properly exposed,as redone by todd. i tried to make the rim light look better and thats why the image looked lil deep. and i clicked this image for the rim light.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-28-2010, 05:24 AM
If anything, darken the image to make it more of a silhouette and see how much rim light you can keep to highlight the outline. Impressive up close Niranjan. Well done. :)

Kaustubh Deshpande
01-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Niranjan, loved the rim light. And there are enough details IMO. If it were mine, I'd try to make the rim light a bit stronger in PP. Well seen as always.