PDA

View Full Version : Ding Darling Egret

John Harper
01-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi There

Another shot from my recent trip to Ding Darling, this time an Egret in early morning light but in front of a shaded part of the lagoon....

Would have been nice to have a perfect reflection....but heh there's always next time

Comments and Critique welcome

John

EOS 7D ISO EF 500F4 ISO 400 1/1600 @ F5

http://www.portviewfitout.co.uk/egret-lagoon.jpg

Alfred Forns
01-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Interesting image John !!! I like the look and sometimes is better to go with the flow !!! Agree on the reflection but it is a nice looking image and keeper in my book !!! ... didn't see the exposure comp but since you were going dark with the bg might have compensated a third less light !!!

Fabs Forns
01-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Very dramatic, pleasing image and agree with Al, maybe you can use the recovery slider in conversion to tone down the whites some. Thanks for sharing.

Deborah Hanson
01-27-2010, 06:22 PM
I like the image very much with the dark background and 'not perfect' reflection. I also like the placement of the bird a bit off horizontal.
I agree with the whites looking hot.

Deb

Kris Mortensen
01-30-2010, 09:49 PM
One of my very favorite types of avian images, and I'm looking forward to being able to get one like this. I agree with the above, and would love to see if you could recover a hint of the highlights, but overall and really nice shot that I'm jealous of!