PDA

View Full Version : Another havana Roof View and Malacon

Steve Bein
01-26-2010, 10:33 AM
This is another view from the 13th floor of the Deauxville hotel. I think this was through the non opening window facing more or less west. The roofs are amazing. I used the vibrance adjustment to bring out the colors a bit. My delight was the positioning of the malicon leading from the bottom right with the person walking into the image, the street leading in from the bottom left and the rays of sun and could opening on the ul power point.
Another image from the GF1, which I will be using for a lot of landscape shots and I expect to compare it with my 5d to see if it is as good as advertised. there were some wonderful 40's and 50's American cars. many rusted and looking worn, but a few choice ones for later posting.

Alfred Forns
01-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Love the mood Steve seems to go along with the mood of the City !!

... btw during the winter with strong North winds the waves will engulf the adjacent street.

Gus Cobos
01-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Beautiful, with a touch of old world class...love the feel Steve...:cool:

Steve Bein
01-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Alfred,
I do have several images of the water blasting over the wall. the Malicon was closed on the ocean side due to the waves. Keep tuned and I'll have some of them.
I will be going to the La Jolla cliffs and the lakes locally for Brown Pelicans and other interesting birds. By Sunday, I should have some interesting images. Still will have the Lumix GF1 because it is so awsome inits range. I also bought some longer lenses for it and have an 8mm fisheye for Canon, plus an adapter and I am intested in seeing how that works on the GF1. 65-200 Minolta F4 OM lens gives 130-400. Ihope it works and also that the adapter arrives before I leave.
STeve