PDA

View Full Version : The mating of Black kites

Zoltan Kovacs
01-26-2010, 05:40 AM
http://www.pbase.com/zotyesz/image/121348879/original.jpg

40D + 400/5.6 + 2xTC; 1/200s f/11.0 iso640, tripod. Full frame.

Welcome every C&C.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-26-2010, 06:24 AM
Szia Zoli
This is absolutely wonderful. Great image quality with the 2x, but the tripod sure helped mate. :) Love the action you captured, timed it very well. For me it is just a little tight all around. I took the liberty of adding canvas left, top and right. If you have room below, I'd crop less from there.

Also used the dodge tool to lighten the faces of both Kites. I also copied the male's eye and scaled it smaller to fit into the female's as hers seemed to have the membrane half covering it. Is that correct or did I not see it clear? Hard with small jpeg. Please post at 1000 pixel wide, it is magic behavior.

Thanks for sharing.

Zoltan Kovacs
01-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Szia Ákos

Thanks for the comment. The repost is excellent, you're an expert in PS. Thanks again the technical advise.

Regards,
Zoltan

Ofer Levy
01-26-2010, 07:01 AM
This is fantastic! I am sure it took some serious field work to get this behaviour full frame - well done!

Stu Bowie
01-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Zoltan, one doesnt see this all the time, so well done for capturing the moment. ( being in the right place at the right time.) Good detail, and Akos's repost works well.

Juan Carlos Vindas
01-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Great moment and action. Akos work makes this one even better. It seems a bit steep.

Daniel Cadieux
01-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Fantastic action and timing. Akos' version really does punch it up. I agree more at bottom would still be good, but if you don't have any more canvas to add you could eliminate some of the small bits of needles peeking into the frame down there. The small graphic in your signature is a bit of a distraction...one that I almost thought was a branch to clone out!:)

Callie de Wet
01-26-2010, 01:55 PM
LOvely catch! Love the image and agree with rewok by Akos, it just gives it a bit more breathing space!

Markus Jais
01-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Awesome shot and great behaviour. This must have taken a lot of time to get such a shot.
Congratulations to the excellent result.
I think the repost makes it even a little better.

Markus

Zoltan Kovacs
01-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the comments to everybody.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Zoli

Did you get my message? :)

Zoltan Kovacs
01-27-2010, 03:02 AM
Zoli

Did you get my message? :)
Yes I did, and I replyed for your message.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Got it Zoli. I have made the adjustments to the master tiff and sent you a link from which to download the large file. Also e-mailed you this version. Hope you like it.

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CDonata%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmso html1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; color:windowtext;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Baráti üdvözlettel<o></o>
<o></o>
Ákos<o></o>