PDA

View Full Version : European Fox

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-26-2010, 04:31 AM
These guys are despised in Oz as they wreak havoc on our native wildlife. However, being from Europe myself, I am quite fond of them despite the hatred they create for themselves Down under. I came across this young adult while spotlighting alone the other night in a local forest. I could approach on foot to around 70 feet (20m). Almost a full frame image. I tried to repair the flashed pupil but it is tough.

30D, 300/1.4x, ISO400, f/9, 1/125th, HH, 430EX at +1/3 with beamer

Stu Bowie
01-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Hey Bro, great eye contact, and who was more surprised. I like the pose with the raised foot, and the alert ears too. Was this a combination of spotlight and flash, or just flash.
On my last trip to Sabi private game reserve, the ranger said they didnt like to keep the spotlights directly on the animals eyes. They would wave the spot around, and when they found eyes of an animal, they would shine close by.

David Fletcher
01-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Nice one Akos. Love the alert pose. They are pretty skittish here but can be tempted to pose with a little baiting: (a few weeks worth).. :D. Nicely done.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Thanks for looking guys,

Stu, when I am 20m or so away, even though the light is powerful, it falls off significantly and the AF hunts a fair bit. So not in this case, I didn't shine away. Normally if I am closer, once I find an animal I move the center of the light beam away and illuminate with the edge of the light. I am sure you know what I mean. :)

Alfred Forns
01-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Illuminations looks plenty good Akos !!! I like the attentive pose and raised paw !!

Marc Mol
01-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Looks good Akos, with good eye contact and subtle use of flash.
TFS

Todd Frost
01-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Good use of flash. Pose and gaze from fox look good. TFS
Todd

Harshad Barve
01-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Excellent image Akosbhai
Nice pose and eye contact
TFS

Callie de Wet
01-27-2010, 01:47 PM
A beautiful pose, well capture. You may try and clone out the all the white of the flash, then copy a small white speck in and blend it to vivid light, it is small but very visible. You can copy in from another picture if there is no white in the one you are working with.