PDA

View Full Version : Sunset

Nicolas Frève
01-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Snowy Owl

http://www.pbase.com/nicolasfreve/image/121339322.jpg

<table align="center" border="1" cellpadding="1" width="450"><tbody><tr><td class="sb" colspan="2">Full EXIF Info</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Date/Time</td><td class="lid">23-Jan-2010 16:23:49</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Model</td><td class="lid">NIKON D300S</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Flash Used</td><td class="lid">No</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Focal Length</td><td class="lid">300 mm</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Exposure Time</td><td class="lid">1/800 sec</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Aperture</td><td class="lid">f/6.3</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">ISO Equivalent</td><td class="lid">500</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">White Balance</td><td class="lid">5560k
</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Exposure Program</td><td class="lid">manual
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Axel Hildebrandt
01-25-2010, 07:02 PM
I like the light, pose and look-back pose and might put the bird a bit lower in the frame. The image could go a bit lighter for my taste.

Steve Maxson
01-25-2010, 07:51 PM
I too like the soft light and the pose as well as your inclusion of the long shadow. You might consider cropping from the bottom and adding more room at the top. I'm OK with the "darkness" of the image, as presented, but brighter might make an interesting alternative.

Arthur Morris
01-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Love the eyes and the almost perfect head angle. Another vote for lopping a good bit off the bottom.

Paul Kusmin
01-25-2010, 08:47 PM
So that's where all our Snowy's went to :)
Interesting composition, including the whole shadow seems the right way to go.
I like the crop as is but would like to see everything a bit lighter overall.

Zoltan Kovacs
01-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Perfect light, and I really like the eyecontact. Congrat!