PDA

View Full Version : Blackpoint Drive Recent Status?

Jim Fenton
01-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Was anmyone at Blackpoint over the weekend?

I'm trying to decide if I should go to Viera or Blackpoint tomorrow AM. Leaving to go back home Thurssday and I'd like to make the most of my time. Staying in Vero Beach.

Viera is open tomorrow...spoke with the folks there a short while ago.

Thanks in advance....

Don Hamilton Jr.
01-26-2010, 07:33 AM
Black Point conditions were perfect, however was a bit windy on saturday, the next two days look perfect!! We did both on saturday viera early, lunch and then headed over to blackpoint for the remainder of daylight!
Don

AJ Witt
01-26-2010, 08:29 AM
I went to Blackpoint Drive on Friday at sunset and it was pretty dead. Not much action at all really. I went to Viera Sat and Sun morning and there was more action there.

Don Hamilton Jr.
01-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Hi AJ, we encountered a lot of activity at black point(saturday) in the very back, at least 12 spoonies, and a lot of different ducks.Viera also was awesome on saturday, many different species, however i'd never seen before thousands, and thousands of dead tilapia fish! Fish kill is an understatement!
Of course we had our lucky charms with us on this trip, non other than "SID", and "Don L" :)
Don

AJ Witt
01-26-2010, 08:38 AM
I agree, Viera wasn't bad this weekend, despite the fish kill from the cold snap a couple weeks ago.

I wish I had had the same luck as you at Blackpoint. I saw one spoonie handing with a bunch of egrets, but they were so far away you would've needed the hubble telescope to get a good picture.

Glad you enjoyed your time there! :)

Jim Fenton
01-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Well, Viera was rather dead this morning and very windy. Perhaps I'll try Blackpoint tomorrow AM early.

Mike Tracy
01-28-2010, 06:39 PM
On Wednesday 1-27 in the afternoon, absolutely nothing except some ducks out of range.