PDA

View Full Version : Sock Finch

Jeffrey Smigielski
01-24-2010, 05:23 PM
I got this little finch on a sock outside my parents window. Just looking for some cc. Thanks for looking.

D90
80-200mm F/2.8
200mm
1/640s - F/3.2
ISO 200

Jeff Cashdollar
01-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the forum - nice first post!

Exposure techs look good, like the ISO speed over 1/640 for a perched bird - nice image quality. Not sure about composition, might crop some from the right let's see what others say.

I love the background was this a tad underexposed, how does histogram look. Do you have data distributed in all 5 stops. On balance this is well done and thanks for sharing.

Gus Cobos
01-25-2010, 05:24 AM
Hi Jeffrey,
A big warm welcome to our BPN family...I like the image and capture. You have a good head angle with a sharp eye contact, I like the turned head pose. The feather details are good. I too would crop from the right side of the frame, and add a little to the left side...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

arash_hazeghi
01-25-2010, 05:57 AM
Very nice, composition adds curiosity as to what the perch is. good stuff

Jeffrey Smigielski
01-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the comments. I am pleased as I almost named this post crop or not to crop. Rather than lead in that direction I decided to see what was came back. I have several good images that I took of the finches that day but I too found this pose stood out as somewhat different.

Histogram showed proper exposure. I will have to go back and look at color ditribution but I thought is looked ok when I developed in lightroom.

Myer Bornstein
01-25-2010, 07:27 AM
Nice pose, but the white of the wings look to reddish brown to me

Alfred Forns
01-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Big Warm Welcome Jeffrey !!!

Sweet first post, sharp, well exposed and good feel. Would just crop a little different, tighter to show the bird larger in frame and do away with negative space to the right. Ideally you would place the bird higher in frame with the crop I did below !! Looking forward to the next one !!!

kostas nianiopoulos
01-26-2010, 08:18 PM
verry good image Jeffrey , everything works well .. great image well done .

Lance Peters
01-28-2010, 12:29 AM
hi - another big warm welcome to BPN - sweet first post.
ALS repost puts it over the top -IMHO
Looking forward to seeing more ;)