PDA

View Full Version : Brown Hare

Austin Thomas
02-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi all,

I took this one early morning as the sun was starting to rise. I needed him to stay around another 10 minutes ideally for some more light, but alas, he had other thoughts.

Canon 1D mkIII, 500mm f5, 1/160th +0.67 and ISO 1250

I have warmed it up slightly in RAW and used noise reduction software to smooth out the background.

Any thoughts and comments to improve, much appreciated.

Thanks

Austin

Robert Amoruso
02-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Austin,

Welcome to BPN. Since you weren't able to get a head turn out of him for better eye contact, I like how you included the distance background to make it look like he is looking at something. In a case like this, IMO if you can show something in the image that makes it look like the subject is looking off into the distance at something, then it can work.

i would clone out the two tall stalks of grass that impedes his view - they are distracting.

Jasper Doest
02-22-2008, 03:08 AM
I agree with Robert that the two stalks of grass are blocking the view of the hare...but you did a very nice job here. I would suggest you to use a lower angle next time, so that the photograph gets even more intimate...that way he would come out of the OOF grass in the foreground, looking into the distance...giving the photograph an even nicer atmosphere.