PDA

View Full Version : Pelican Portrait

Bob Decker
01-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Rainy afternoon, very overcast, rain falling. Handheld braced agains window frame form inside my vehicle. ISO 1000, f/8.0, 1/250, 580EX II at -1. RAW conversion via CS3 ACR with cropping, slight boost to Vibrance, Clarity and Saturation... Selective sharpening to bird, additional sharpening to eye, noise reduction to background, Curves adjustment for slight S-curve, Shadow/Highlight adjustment to boost detail in white and gain separation from sky in PS... overall noise reduction in Noiseware Community edition @ default settings... slight boost of Sat and Blacks in ACR after Noiseware to off-set color/contrast loss.

Gus Cobos
01-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi Bob,
I like the close up pose. The head angle and eye contact are good. would open the area around the eye just a little and selective sharpen more. The white OOF background and the few hot spots on Mr. pelican can be toned down a tad. I like the feather detail. The rain and the catch is a plus. Looking forward to your next one...:cool:

kostas nianiopoulos
01-22-2010, 05:47 AM
verry verry good Bob , looks perfect, also , great PS work u done . well done .

Lance Peters
01-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Hi Bob - agree with Gus's fine remark - personally I would consider cropping some from the RHS - BUT THATS just me.
Good show :)