PDA

View Full Version : Rain Squalls

Dave Leroy
01-21-2010, 08:06 PM
I am guessing the rain is falling on the Olympic Pen., the fog is over the Straigt of Jaun de Fuca and a couple of the San Jaun and Gulf Isalnds in NW Washington State/BC. 50D, 500mm f/4 at f/4, 1/750, ISO 400. I had been trying for some birds and had not changed settings. I don't think the dof at this distance makes too much difference.

Dave

Don Lacy
01-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi Dave, Wonderful color and I really like the contrast and line formed between the dark hill and sky I cropped the image into more of a pano to help emphasize that contrast.

Dave Mills
01-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi Dave, Beautiful light and color within the image. After studying the image I notice the image is framed on the bottom with the mountains and the dark clouds on top. The majority of the image is the lit center where I would have liked to have seen more interest or detail....

Dave Leroy
01-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks Don and Dave for the comments. We get a lot of overcast days here this time of year. The colours are often very soft and muted with greys, blues and occasional mauves ( I think) and although I find the vists attractive, they are hard for me to photograph and get a really strong focus point. Dave

Roman Kurywczak
01-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Hey Dave,
If the colors or greys had creeped more into the center this image whould have more impact.......as the center area is a bit uninteresting. I think you caould play around with some layers adjustment on this one to see what you could eek out in the MG tones.

Robert Amoruso
01-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Dave,

Try a curves adjusted masked to include the middle sky. Try adding black to the Neutrals in Selective Color. That will add more drama to that area.

Dave Leroy
01-24-2010, 01:15 PM
OK. Thanks guys and I will have go at it. Dave