PDA

View Full Version : Lahaina Bay

Mark Fuge
01-21-2010, 05:13 PM
This image was taken on the southwest shore of Maui, looking across Lahaina Bay toward the island of Lanai, in the cloud at the right side of the image.

Modifications included; B&W w/Color Adjustment and Toning, Film Grain, Glass, Brightness/Contrast and Hue & Saturation Adjustments.

Enjoy!

Julie Kenward
01-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Ken, I really like the gold tones to the sepia conversion here! I do wish the one bush in the FG were a bit more in focus but what a lovely view you've got here! I can't decide if I like the sky as bright as it is or not - I do like how it contrasts with the darker tones in the image but it feels a smidgeon too bright in places. Not a deal breaker, though...it's really beautiful.

denise ippolito
01-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Mark, I like the color toning and agree w/ Jules about the brightness, esp. the water on the horizon. The image has a really nice old feel and I can almost feel the warm glow. Nicely done.

Christopher Miller
01-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Beautiful landscape, Mark, and excellent old feel. I love the color toning and the dynamic sky, though I do agree with Jules and Denise on toning down a few of the bright areas. Very nicely done. :)

Mark Fuge
01-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Thanks for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

This is a repost of the above image. Modifications required were minor, so I hope you enjoy!

Christopher Miller
01-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Looks good, Mark! :)

Mark Fuge
01-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks Christopher. Appreciate it.