PDA

View Full Version : Up Periscope

Todd Frost
02-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Found this guy near my cabin in Eastern Wa (Tonasket). Thought it was kinda cute.
D2h, 300 f2.8, 1/750, f9, AWB, iso200, -1/3ev, spot
Thanks for looking,
Todd

Jim Poor
02-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Cute. I like the slope of the terrain and those cute little ears!

I'd darken the foreground rocks a bit to lessen their impact and clone out the one piece of grass or whatever that goes diagonally toward the subject.

Robert Amoruso
02-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Todd,

I would crop in more to show less the the bg and room above the head and in front of the in focus rock on the right. That rock being on the same plane as the critter and in focus competes with him. Clone out what remains of the tan grass stalk and Jim's suggestion on the FG rocks. You could also crop off just a bit onthe bottom to lessen the OOF FG rocks as well.

You capture an interesting persepctive here and tweaking the composition will strengthen it. Good work catching the action, eye contact is good plus a catch light in the eye.

Todd Frost
02-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Took your suggestions, how does it look? I could probably take more from in front of him but left this much to give room to look into.
Thanks again for the suggestions.
Todd

Jim Poor
02-20-2008, 06:58 PM
I like the composition a lot like this. The removal of the oof thing in the BG is a little smudgy, but practice will make it less noticeable.