PDA

View Full Version : Faded Utah scene

Kerry Perkins
01-21-2010, 12:35 PM
I decided to resist the temptation to do a monochrome (which I love...) and try doing some aging and stressing to a color image.

In my fictitious history of this photo, it has been taken down from the wall upon which it was hanging and put in a drawer for many years. It was faded by the sunlight coming through a window prior to being scratched up by being shuffled around with other photos and "stuff" in the drawer.

I used Nik Color Efex for the basic conversion and then added a texture layer on top. I got the texture image courtesy of Matt Kloskowski over at lightroomkillertips.com.

Barbara Kile
01-21-2010, 01:31 PM
I love your 'fictitious' history. Well done with making the image look like that old 'color faded' look and I love the texture! My eye goes right to that pole on the left, but that may be just my weird vision. ;) You'll have to decide for yourself if it needs a clone or not.
I'll check out Matt's site - thanks for the link!

Christopher Miller
01-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Very nice work, Kerry! I like your fictitious history, and the image definitely looks the part. I agree with Barbara that the pole draws my eye a bit, but then again many old photos wouldn't be picture perfect so I could take it or leave it.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-21-2010, 04:55 PM
This IS WICKED Kerry! Absolutely love it mate! I will check that link too. WOW!

Mark Fuge
01-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Nice image and application, Kerry.

Looks like many of the images I've seen of old photos without proper care.

denise ippolito
01-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Kerry, This is awesome! It looks so much like an old image. I agree about the tall stick and might take a tiny bit off the top. BUT- I imagine this is exactly how an old photo would look-so you nailed it!:)

Kerry Perkins
01-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks everyone! :)