PDA

View Full Version : Miami area

Miriam Cutler
01-21-2010, 09:38 AM
We're heading to Miami today. As someone new to bird photography, are there any suggestions for a place to begin? My husband thinks I'm a little nuts about this new interest, so I would appreciate an idea that is simple and easily accessable. Thanks in advance.

Kevin Colton
01-21-2010, 07:13 PM
I was there a little over a week ago and being from NY I had no idea. I spent a day at the Everglades National park's Anhinga Trail and drove down to Flamingo. Birds were awesome even at 30 degrees. I spent another day at Shark Valley and that was even better. I got some great stuff.
Kevin

Judd Patterson
01-22-2010, 07:11 PM
My personal preference is always to get out into the Everglades for bird photography, although you can do some at locations like Crandon Beach/Park on Key Biscayne. Wakodahatchee and Green Cay are excellent, but are 30-60 minutes north, depending on where you are staying. Kevin covered several of the most happening Everglades spots...I've heard good things from Shark Valley, but Anhinga Trail to Flamingo is my traditional stomping grounds. There will be a lot to see!