PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle

VinceRossi
01-20-2010, 05:51 PM
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't get to see many Eagles or Hawks or a variety of birds you guys and girls display on this site. So I have to settle for shooting birds through fences at the zoo, like I did this one. I was going to try and camo it a little more but figured I used enough Gausian Blur on the back ground with the hope that it makes the eagle stand out and not be as obvious to being shot through a fence.

This taken with my Canon Rebel XSi on June 13,2009

55-250mm lense
1/250 sec
F5.6
200 ISO
Pattern
0 exp.
Apeture Priority

VinceRossi
01-20-2010, 06:21 PM
I re-adjusted the coors as given by Kostas. I think there is a cool difference to the picture. Thanks Kostas.

Do you use these as your default color settings? I was asked to save them as such and didn't exactly know what to answer. OR do you save them as an ACTION?

Thanks again

Oscar Zangroniz
01-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Totally agree with you on the second one Vince. Much better.
Congrats

Desmond Chan
01-21-2010, 04:34 AM
I like the pose of the eagle, but would suggest cropping some from the left. Have to say it seems to me there's something wrong with this image. I'm not sure if it's the result of your post-processing. First off, some of the white areas are blown. I've tried to tone down the blown areas but found out, instead of the white turning into some grey color, it turned pink/purple. Further toning down around the top of the head, and the blocks (the squaress that you see when you zoom way in into a digital image)show up. So, if I may ask: Is that a large crop? You said you applied blur, did you apply it to more than just the background? Overall, this image seems to have that "glow" look. I suppose that's the result of your artistic decision. Perhaps that explains the lack of fine details in the feather and the hot areas then.

Gus Cobos
01-21-2010, 05:31 AM
Hi Vince,
I like the capture of this majestic bird...agree with Desmond on the techs. and sound advise given...might want to crop from the left side of the frame and add more canvas to the right side in the direction that the subject is looking into...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

VinceRossi
01-21-2010, 12:01 PM
As I mentioned this was taken through a fence. The areas that are in question could be the location of the wires of the fence that are focused out of the picture. I just have to be carefull how I take these photo with the limited availability I have ---I guess.

VinceRossi
01-21-2010, 12:12 PM
WOW! I didn't think I knew how to increase the canvas to ad more realestate for the imageand then crop it. I did it -----I am so proud. LOL

VinceRossi
01-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Tried to get rid of the through the fence look. I hope I didn't ruin it.

Desmond Chan
01-21-2010, 07:39 PM
I like the whites of the last one better, but I think the background in the original is better since it looks more natural to me and tells me that the eagle is not in an empty space.

Would you mind posting the non-processed original?

VinceRossi
01-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Here is the original. All I did was resize it.

Desmond Chan
01-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Here is the original. All I did was resize it.

Thank you for posting it ! I was just wondering why the white feathers on the head look kind of funny.