PDA

View Full Version : Blue Heron In Flight

LouisKeller
01-20-2010, 02:39 PM
This Blue Heron is almost totally camo. against the rocky shoreline.

Canon MarkII with Canon 70-200 IS f/2.8 lens @ f/4.5, 1,1600, ISO 500.

arash_hazeghi
01-20-2010, 02:53 PM
I like the wing position and flight pose, the problem here is lack of separation between bird and BG.

David Stephens
01-20-2010, 02:54 PM
I like the framing of the bird and the bird itself shows nice coloring with good wing and head position. The bird is so close to the BG that I don't see how you could de-emphasize the background without artificial manipulation in PP. Because there's plenty of contrast between the bird and the BG, I'm ok with it as is, thinking it as a accurate "environmental" shot. Some might "ideally" want the BG out of focus, but I think this strongly show a bird in its particular environment.

Exposure looks right on to my eye.

Dave

Arthur Morris
01-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi Louis, I like the EXP and the SH and I was surprised when I opened the image that I did not hate the BKGR (except for the rocks at the top) :)

Stephen Stephen
01-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Louis I like the bird's colouring and the exposure is good too. I don't mind most of the "undefined " BG but the upper rocks compete for my attention and tend to draw my eyes from the nice upturned wingtips.

Dan Busby
01-20-2010, 09:30 PM
The wing position is very nice and this is a good action shot of bird in habitat. But the strength is also the weakness - lack of separation from BG. A very nice post Louis!