PDA

View Full Version : white flower

Grahame Hamblin
01-20-2010, 02:43 AM
flash d300 flash f16 how do i get rid of colour cast

Jerry van Dijk
01-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi Graham, very nice composition and detail. Is that a clamp I see on the end of the flower stem?
I think the color cast is the result of the flash light reflecting from the stamen. I'm no PP expert, so I don't know if it's easy to fix.

Julie Kenward
01-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Grahame, there are lots of ways to get rid of color cast. An easy try is to open a levels adjustment in PS and hit the "auto" button and see what happens. About half the time you get a great result and the other half you will be saying "What the heck?" If the auto button doesn't work, then click on the white eye dropper on the left side of levels. Click that on the whitest part of the flower. It should correct the color cast on the flower but the green is there to stay - that green stamen really bled onto that white flower!

I like your black BG and it's a nice composition with the stem coming in from the left side and the flower leaning into the frame.

Vida van der Walt
01-21-2010, 01:40 AM
Hi Grahame. Wonderful detail, great comp and I love the green and white. Jules, thanks for the tip on the colour cast. I will try it on one of my images.:)

Julie Kenward
01-21-2010, 08:00 AM
Vida, if there's no white in your image, you can also use the gray or black eyedroppers - just make sure you get middle gray or deep black when you touch the image with the respective dropper. (It sometimes helps to convert to b&w on a layer and then delete the layer when you're done.) ;)