PDA

View Full Version : Quick Mask issue

Dean Ingwersen
02-20-2008, 06:08 AM
Hi all,

I seem to have inadvertently changed a setting in Quick Mask which is causing it to not work properly. When I 'paint' over an area to copy, then invert the selection and copy it...the copied section is semi-transparent when I move it to another area of the image. I'm sure I've accidentally knocked a key which has changed settings somehow...but I can't figure out how to fix it.:o

Any help greatly appreciated (my Quick Mask days are finished until I sort it out!!).

Thanks.

Ian Colley
02-20-2008, 06:23 AM
Hi Dean, same problem here, no problem till last week, using CS2 tried it on a friends PC with CS3 same thing. Not sure if an Adobe upgrade has created the 'problem'. As far as I can remember I haven't changed a thing, it looks like the opacity is reduced in the copied layer.

Robert O'Toole
02-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Try pressing "D" to reset to the default FG/BG colors and reset your brush tool.

With everything as default all will work fine.

Robert

Dean Ingwersen
02-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks heaps Robert, will do that tonight. Hopefully it will fix the problem for Ian and myself:D. Good luck Ian.

Ian Colley
02-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Thanks Robert, I have tried resetting the defaults a few times with no result. Will try again, if not I will reinstall CS2.

Robert O'Toole
02-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks Robert, I have tried resetting the defaults a few times with no result. Will try again, if not I will reinstall CS2.

No need to reinstall. So far over the last couple of years teching Photoshop techniques I have never come across a simple problem like this that was not a simple setting. Usually your foreground color is set to an off color when it should be black.
Try this.
Open any JPEG of TIFF.
Press B
Paint a line with the brush tool
What do you see?

If you see anything but a solid black line you have a problem with your brush settings.

Before you do a reinstall, backup your pref and workspace and return PS to all defaults. This should do the trick.

Robert

Dean Ingwersen
02-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks heaps Robert...did the trick for me.

Cheers, Dean

Robert O'Toole
02-21-2008, 04:52 PM
You are welcome, good to hear, thanks for the update.

Robert

Ian Colley
02-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Fixed, Thanks Robert.

Robert O'Toole
02-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Fixed, Thanks Robert.

You are welcome and thanks for getting back to the thread.

Robert