PDA

View Full Version : Iceberg Icebird

Julie Kenward
01-19-2010, 08:20 PM
I was out this past weekend taking photos of a frozen over fountain near my home. It was very overcast and really difficult to get close enough to the ice to be able to tell if I was even in focus. I opened up one of the images tonight and thought it looked okay - but not sharp enough to really amount to much so I took it for a spin with PS's filter/distortion/twirl. What I got was this image's structure. I think it looks like a bird flying overhead, wings outstretched. I added a bicolored filter at the last minute to intensify the powerful cold effect and went with this - a pink/blue combo - although others looked nice as well. I then erased it from the part that looked like the bird to separate it from the BG a bit more. Not too shabby for an image I was going to throw in the trash!

denise ippolito
01-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Jules, The colors and the abstract look are really, really nice. It looks like so many different things. I did a tighter crop and flipped it(I wasn't crazy about the unfinished edge) but it is lovely as presented. With images like this it's all a matter of who's viewing it. I imagine we all see something different for this.

Julie Kenward
01-20-2010, 12:08 AM
I see what you mean, Denise...I hadn't even noticed it. Thanks!

P.S. I had mine looking right because I am left handed and that seems "right" to me. Are you by any chance right handed??? :D;):D

Paul Lagasi
01-20-2010, 12:32 AM
I think you are in you own world, Julie...really interesting. Like the soft colors..
If it were mine I'd try to paste in a raven or crows head into bird contour, just to see how it would look....not too strong, lightly so it only just shows...

Indranil Sircar
01-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Beautiful abstract. I love the soft colors. I do like the Denise's repost.

denise ippolito
01-20-2010, 08:15 AM
I see what you mean, Denise...I hadn't even noticed it. Thanks!

P.S. I had mine looking right because I am left handed and that seems "right" to me. Are you by any chance right handed??? :D;):D

Jules, I am right handed.:D This abstract reminds me of an ice angel:)

Julie Kenward
01-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Denise: I knew it! Isn't that funny? I've noticed the same thing in the macro forum - which side of the frame the stem is on differs by who is left handed and who is right. :D

I think you are in you own world, Julie...
Paul, I'm going to take that as a compliment! I have a fear that some day I'll be asked to take a rorschach/inkblot test - they'd probably lock me up with what my mind would come up with! :eek::):eek:

Cheryl Slechta
01-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Jules, I like the world you're in:) This has such beautiful colors and lines - it reminds me of an O'Keefe painting.