PDA

View Full Version : North East States

Mike Dale
02-20-2008, 06:06 AM
What states do you class as being in the North East?

Jeff Nadler
02-20-2008, 07:46 AM
New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire . . .the traditional definition of NE is NY + New England states

Mike Dale
02-20-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks. I'm in Pennsylvania.:(

Ken Kovak
02-20-2008, 08:52 AM
So, how do we go about forming a forum for the area that would include Pennsylvania? And I guess New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland.

Thanks
Ken

Axel Hildebrandt
02-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Maybe this forum could include the 'wider' Northeast as long as there are no other regional forums.

Jeff Nadler
02-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Maybe this forum could include the 'wider' Northeast as long as there are no other regional forums.

Axel, it probably depends on the primary goals of having a regional forum vs. the regular forums. For simply posting images within a region to share, the size of a region does not matter that much. For organizing once a year, group outings involving overnight/multiday travel, a stretch from Maine to Maryland might be ok.

But for the primary obejctive of sharing hot spots and good subjects, reachable as a day trip, a large geographical forum would not be advantageous.

Jim Poor
02-20-2008, 11:15 AM
How about a Mid-Atlantic Region? PA, VA, MD, DC . . .

Jason Ambler
02-22-2008, 03:39 PM
I second the recommendation for a mid-Atlantic network. Networking with other photographers from the area would be a wonderful resource. I would add DE, NJ and WV to Jim's list for the mid-atlantic area.

PA, MD, DE, NJ, VA, WV and DC

Jason

Kenn Jolemore
02-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Being new to the forums here and living in coastal Virginia I would love to be able to network with other area photographers.

Kenn

Nonda Surratt
02-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Where is Ohio, MI, IN? Did I miss something?:)

George DeCamp
02-23-2008, 05:57 PM
I think what is happening here is they are starting to set up regional groups in some of the busier areas. The groups that have already started are just a part of what is to come so best thing to do is to put in a request. I would guess the best place for that would be in BPN Announcements where they posted that the Regional groups have started, actually.there is already a thread there.

Charles Senkus
02-28-2008, 12:07 PM
KEEP ME IN MIND!! FROM PA. would like to know whats happening, maby a get-to gether somewhere?

Robert Amoruso
03-10-2008, 11:24 PM
I think I will be lurking here time to time being a native New Englander (Rhode Islander) and all.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeastern_United_States.

The Northeastern United States is a region of the United States. [1][2] As defined by the U.S. Census Bureau, the Northeast region of the United States covers nine states: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Delaware and Maryland are sometimes referred to as part of the Northeast census group because of their inclusion in the BosWash megalopolis. However, the Census Bureau includes Delaware and Maryland in the South Atlantic region.[3]

Roman Kurywczak
03-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi All,
Good to see that NJ is part of it! For those of you close by..........Artie and Rick Sammon are doing an April 5th one day seminar at Monmouth University. Check out the specifics on the Workshop/Seminar posts.
Roman

Bob Ettinger
03-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Also on April 6th Aritie will be presenting on Long Island, NY

Jodee Novak
03-25-2008, 07:09 AM
Can't wait! How many of our BPN members plan to attend? It would be fun for our tNortheast members to meet each other in person! :)

Roman Kurywczak
03-25-2008, 07:56 AM
Hi Jodee,
I should also be at the LI event also if for nothing more than to help Gary Farber from Hunt's set up as I'm driving him to LI for the NJ event.
Roman

Jodee Novak
03-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Great, Roman. I may be there early, too, as I offered to help Arnold Brower with set-up. I will look forward to meeting you and, hopefully, a lot of other BPN members. It will be my first time hearing Artie speak - I am so excited! Hope others from the Northeast will chime in about their plans to attend!

Bob Ettinger
03-25-2008, 06:53 PM
I am working with Artie, so I will be there early as well.

Jodee Novak
03-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Looking forward to meeting you, Bob, especially since we're practically neighbors!

Bob Ettinger
03-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Looking forward to meeting you, Bob, especially since we're practically neighbors!

Yorktown Heights, that seems far away:D Maybe 5 mintues:D

Jodee Novak
03-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Well, you're right. At least 5 minutes! We're not exactly "next-door" neighbors, but "next-town" neighbors. :) My daughter goes to school in Somers, so I spend a lot of time there watching sports (and photographing them) and working at the school! I feel like I spend as much time there as I do in Yorktown!
Do you know of any other Northeast BPN members who will be at the workshop, other than Roman?

Roman Kurywczak
04-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Hi All,
Just want to let you know that we will be having tickets for sale at the door for Artie's and Rick Sammon's presentation on April 5th, this Saturday! Artie is speaking in the morning. Here's a link for info; http://www.njfcc.org/photorama.htm where you can find directions and the ticket forms. $40 gets you in at the door for a great day of presentations, vendors, and door prizes.
Stop by and introduce yourself if you attend,
Roman

Roman Kurywczak
04-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi All,
Just wanted to let you know that we had a great time at Artie's event in NJ on Saturday. I was also fortunate enough to get to Long Island on Sunday for Artie's event as I went with Gary from Hunt's where I had the opportunity to meet some great fellow BPN members (if only for a short time). I just wanted to mention that this is what I feel BPN is all about..........meeting people like Bob Ettinger, George DeCamp, and Jodee Novak........and if I missed you at the event, I'm sorry (but I had to get home to family/tired from NJ event). I look forward to many other meetings and hopefully we will make a NE states get together soon.
Roman
PS Jodee.........congrats on the new D40

Jodee Novak
04-06-2008, 08:12 PM
What a great day today out on Long Island! Artie's seminar was awesome, and you're right, Roman - it was a ton of fun meeting people from this forum and being able to put names to faces! I realize now that I didn't actually meet George - was he standing next to Bob at Artie's table? Sorry, George, if I didn't formally introduce myself, but I didn't know that was you! Thanks for the congrats, Roman - I am really excited about my new camera - so what if I had to sneak it into the house when my husband wasn't looking!!!!!!!!! ;) And Bob, what do you think - did I get the award for spending the most money today at Artie's table?

Artie, if you read this NE states forum - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for today. It was a little dream-come-true for me to meet you and hear you speak. Now I have to make it to an IPT to make the rest of that dream come true! Not only did I learn a lot today, but I was amazed at how accessible you made yourself to those of us who had questions or just wanted to say hello. And thanks for cleaning my sensor - now that I've seen you do it, I won't be so afraid to do it myself! I really wish I could make it to Maine in October. Last year I missed out on it iwhen you came to Queens because it was my daughter's 17th birthday weekend, and this year the weekend in Maine is the first weekend that she will be home on break from her freshman year at college. Oh well, one of these days....

Okay, so now how and when are we going to plan a NE states get-together and where are we going to go??? Let's do it. You guys are the veterans - I'm new to all this! Any suggestions?

Bob Ettinger
04-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Jodee,

First it was nice meeting you. Second, the tall guy with the grey hair was George. You definitely did your best to support the economy :-)

A group of us are getting together May 1 at the Alligator Farm with a bunch from the SE and others. Oh you meant up here, just wait a little. The NWPLI group is going to Jay Bay 4/26 at sunrise

LouBuonomo
04-08-2008, 05:12 PM
George was the good looking fellow....

Lou

Bob Ettinger
04-08-2008, 06:31 PM
George was the good looking fellow....

Lou

Whoa, now you tell that to Tom:):)

LouBuonomo
04-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Tom was the cool looking guy with the lovely young daughter......

Bob was just the old guy ;)

Jodee Novak
04-08-2008, 08:13 PM
It was great meeting you, too, Bob! Thanks for the info on the get-togethers. I would make my way out to Jay Bay on the 26th, except I'll be in Captiva, Florida, from the 17th to the 27th - hopefully out with my new 40D - checking out Blind Pass, Sanibel Fishing Pier, Little Estero, Ding Darling...I'm hoping to come back with an image or two worthy of posting on BPN! Hope you guys have a great morning out and a great trip to the Alligator Farm!

Jodee Novak
04-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey, I thought ALL you guys at the seminar were good-looking! :D:D:D Don't worry about what Lou said, Bob, we're ALL old!!!! :D:D:D

Tom, it was a pleasure meeting your daughter, Emily (love that name)! She was a doll! Great to see father and daughter enjoying such a wonderful hobby together.

George DeCamp
04-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Jodee and Roman,

Sorry I just saw this for the first time....doh! I had a lot of fun at the Seminar as well and great meeting people and chatting. Heck we even managed to sell some stuff for Artie.

I just went through a really busy spell at work and finally think it's history...well most of it. Looking forward to St Augustine now and participating more here once again.

Time to get out with the camera around Long Island too. Geez, It might have spider webs on it already. :eek:

Roman Kurywczak
04-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Hey All,
You still going to J-bay on 4/24??? If yes.......post it here......time and where we'll meet. I'll be there!
Roman

Bob Ettinger
04-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Hey All,
You still going to J-bay on 4/24??? If yes.......post it here......time and where we'll meet. I'll be there!
Roman

Schedule is 4/26 this Sat. sunrise at the visitors center