PDA

View Full Version : End of the Day

david cramer
01-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Hunter and his dog heading home, backlit, in the Skagit Valley region of Washington State.

D300 with 500vr + 1.4tc tripod mount (I was looking for eagles), f/7.1, 1/400, iso 800, ev -0.67

http://davidcramer.smugmug.com/photos/768661412_c6jot-O.jpg

Dave Mills
01-20-2010, 12:36 AM
Hi David,Nice storytelling image that is pleasingly backlight. I also like the fact I can see some detail in the hunter and dog. Shooting at F 7.1 blurred the backround which strengthened the image. In this situation the water line merging with the hunter doesn't bother me.
I cropped the image to show another way to view...

Roman Kurywczak
01-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Hey David,
Like both versions but am leaning towards the OP for some reason. Nice job with the sepration and light....very powerful in that respect. Nicely done and good luck with the eagle hunt!

Gerald_Gilligan
01-20-2010, 04:25 PM
David,
I agree with Dave that this is a great stroy telling image...the back lite silhouettes really strengthen the mood.
I also like how you captured the dog...it seems to tell a different story...maybe he is actually pointing to a bird while the hunter is getting into position...
Just a thought!

Jerry

david cramer
01-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Thanks all. I like your more pano crop, Dave. I choose this image out of several because of the dog's point-like stance. Your comments are much appreciated.

D. Robert Franz
01-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Like this image and the pano works well also...

Garry Gibson
01-24-2010, 08:08 AM
Nice shot, just as a FWIW this guy has been probably duck or geese hunting
since he has a shotgun and the dog is a labrador which is there to retreive.
They don't usually point unlike bird dogs like english setters or pointers.

Again a trivial thing, but to someone who is an avid hunter they would know.

I like the shot a lot, makes me sort of homesick for hunting, nothing better
than a great dog at your side.

GG