PDA

View Full Version : Pink Flower

Jeff Sorbie
01-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Just checking out the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX Macro.

A700 + Sigma 18-50mm, 50mm, 1/1600, f/4, ISO 200, Cropped and Lightroom adjustments.

Vida van der Walt
01-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Great detail and lovely colours in this Jeff. I wonder what it will look like with a bit off the top but then again I'm a total idiot with regard to floral compositions.:)

Anita Bower
01-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Very nice! Great color. I like the sharpness of the very front center part. If it were my image, I'd clone out a few of the flower's imperfections. I'm assuming you don't know what flower this is or you would have posted the name.

Christopher Miller
01-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Excellent colors and detail, Jeff. I like how the center forms a star shape! Your composition looks good, though I think it might look even better with about an inch taken off the bottom so that the center of the flower is centered. Just a thought! :)

Jerry van Dijk
01-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Excellent details and colors! In addition to the suggestions given for composition, I might also consider a CW rotation to bring symmetry into the image. I would say that this is some kind of Hibiscus.

Jeff Sorbie
01-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks All. I am not very knowledgeable about plants but I liked the look of this one. When my Grandmother would ask about the flowers all I can say is the Pink Ones, Red Ones, Blue Ones...etc.:)

Julie Kenward
01-20-2010, 08:17 PM
I also think this looks like a hibiscus but am not sure...the petals feel right but I don't recall seeing one with this kind of center and stamen before. I agree that moving the center up to the 1/3 position would strengthen the image overall. It would also have worked with the center area in the ROT's position with it up at the top center area. Good details on this but would check the magenta/red channel - I think you might be a bit over in places.