PDA

View Full Version : Great Blues at Viera Wetlands

susanschermer
01-19-2010, 04:06 PM
There are at least 6 great blue heron nests at Viera Wetlands. The light was so nice and their courtship so beautiful.
Canon 1D Mark III, 500 lens ISO 400, f/8, 1/2000

Jean Chang
01-19-2010, 05:11 PM
I just love the bird hopping up in the air! And I swear there's a smile on the face of the one on the right. lol

I really like the "bird doing a bird thing" action. I also like how the branches provide a nice frame. It would also look good with the upper right branches cloned out. Very nice!

Jean

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-19-2010, 08:14 PM
I can see what Jean means with removing the URC leaves. There is nothing anchoring them though if the view were wider and we could see more tree the framing would work better. Love seeing these behavioral images, you captured it very well. :)

Bill McCrystyn
01-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Well Susan, I have to save - I love it! Your light and color, I can't imagine better. It's really nice not to see another over saturarted image. This looks more like a piece of canvas than a photograph. Your placement of the hopper balances out nicely with the upper right hand brush which with-out, would look vacant and lose character. I would matt and frame it as large as I could get it and put a nice high price on it in the first gallery I could find. Nice work!