PDA

View Full Version : Red Fox Fractalius

James Yule
01-18-2010, 02:23 AM
I haven't used my Fractalius filter very much, so I thought I would post one of my attempts. I went light on the filter to just give it a touch of effect.

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=207&pictureid=2618

Nikon D300
Nikon 200-400 VR
Edited in Photoshop using Fractalius filter made by redfield

denise ippolito
01-18-2010, 08:20 AM
James, Big welcome to OOTB. I love the soft look for the fox. Very cute pose and composition. If it were mine I might tone down the bright spot in the BG. This is a very good use of the effect and shows that less is more sometimes.Well done. You can post 1024 x800 high on your images and a larger post I think would show this beauty off more.:)

Julie Kenward
01-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Beautiful Fract image, James, and welcome! I agree that a slight tone down on that bright spot would help and I might add that the area between his nose and mouth feels a bit less sharp than the rest of the image. Perhaps some slight tweaking of the fract program or a little more selective sharpening would bring it up to the same level as the rest of the image.

Mark Fuge
01-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Nice image and application, James.

I like the subtleness of the effect, as you portray it. The opposite also has a place, but your use adds to the image a little life that might not otherwise look the same. +

Christopher Miller
01-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Hi James, Sometimes less is more as your photo aptly demonstrates. Very nice pose and I like the details in the fur. I agree with Jules on the nose and muzzle being rather soft, though that's not a real big issue for me. Well done :)

Cheryl Slechta
01-19-2010, 07:08 PM
James, welcome to OOTB! A nice composition and a very subtle use of fractalius - I like it.