PDA

View Full Version : Azure Damsel (Coenagrion puella) having a snack

Sven Bernert
01-02-2008, 07:23 PM
http://www.fototime.com/C599A67732A6AA8/orig.jpg

Here's one back from June last year. 30D, EF180 + 1.4 + Canon Ringflash, 1/125 @ f/16, ISO 800, cropped from horizontal

I caught this tiny little damsel having dinner by eating an even tinier fly (or at least what appears to look like it was a fly before). This image represents roughly the middle of the "dinner process", it took off the fly's wings first and was leaving just the legs at the end.

Wish you luck with the new forums! For me it's like having a deja vu. I found NPN trough one of Arties bulletins and then - years later - NSN, again trough one of his bulletins. Guess my surprise reading his latest bulletin ... :D

All the best everyone and a Happy New Year from Germany,
Sven

Maxis Gamez
01-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi Sven and welcome to BPN.

What an amazing image you have here. The details and colors are wonderful.

Excellent work.

Fabs Forns
01-02-2008, 07:38 PM
What a treat!!!!!!

Wonderful capture, and over the top detail.

Big welcome to BPN!

David Kennedy
01-02-2008, 08:18 PM
It's always fun to capture behavior like this. I might suggest that the background is too dark. Balancing flash and ambient light would improve your macro technique.

Alfred Forns
01-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Sweet capture Love the fine detail !!!! With that light source I think you can afford to lower the ss to balance the bg Love this image Big Congrats !!!!

Sven Bernert
01-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the nice words about the image above.

As one can clearly see by the number of my postings at NSN and elsewhere I'm not that much into nature photography these days as my business and other things have taken over priorities during the last years. But I try at least to stay in contact with everyone and I love skimming through all the exceptional images posted here and elsewhere in our nature photography universe.

I still hope that one day in the hopefully not so distant future I find the time to make it over the pond to shot those legendary Florida birds :D

All the best everyone,
Sven