PDA

View Full Version : Hi Girls!

Kerry Perkins
01-17-2010, 07:00 PM
A lesson learned in being prepared at all times... I was heading up the road to Water Canyon, outside of Socorro, New Mexico, when I spied a small herd of Pronghorn Antelope in the road ahead. I realized that I had left the camera in its case with the short lens on it! D'oh! By the time I got out of the car and put the 400mm on the camera, they had somehow managed to get under the fence and onto a rancher's grazing area. As they started to run away, I started talking to them and the does stopped to listen!

Cropped in LR2, ran NR on BG using a layer mask and sharpened in CS4. Probably did not need the high ISO, but it did not seem to degrade the image in this case. I chose it because they had been running and I wanted the high SS.

50D, EF400mm f/5.6L
Manual mode, f/11@1/2000 ISO 800 WB 5100K
AI Servo autofocus, hand-held no flash

Jamie Strickland
01-17-2010, 07:38 PM
well they certainly looked like they were interested in whatever you were saying to them because there is excellent eye contact of every one of them, that is not something you see everyday for sure so well done

now tell us your secret words so we can try it :)

Fabs Forns
01-17-2010, 08:12 PM
You were very lucky, Kerry, we saw a lot of them in WY, but they were very skittish for the most part. Great eye contact, they looked very curious. I may lower the temperature a bit.

Harshad Barve
01-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Excellent eye contact and raised ears of all makes this Grand for me
TFS

Stu Bowie
01-18-2010, 12:29 AM
You were fortunate to have all five posing for you, good eye contact too. Overall sharp, and they pop nicely from the BG.

Steve Kaluski
01-18-2010, 03:29 AM
Hi Kerry, interesting and different (group shot). Would agree about droping the temperature (or red channel), plus remove the black 'blob' top right.

Steve

Betsie Storm
01-18-2010, 05:51 AM
All nicely lined up, sharp focus...you are quite the pronghorn whisperer! In this case the lens-changing delay worked to your advantage. TFS.

Alfred Forns
01-18-2010, 10:16 AM
They did listen to you Kerry ... what did you tell them :)

Multiples with similar poses works very well, cropping some from the top will get rid of the blob and make for a nicer proportion with the girls larger in frame !!! Sweet !!

peter delaney
01-20-2010, 01:45 PM
nature photographer =Dr Do little.:)

lovely image ...