PDA

View Full Version : LJ Cliffs #2

Phil Colla
02-19-2008, 10:41 PM
This is the view one hopes for when arriving at the cliffs -- clear skies, glassed off water, and some birds on the rock.

http://www.oceanlight.com/jpgg/ns/20250.jpg

1DsII / 24-70 / ISO 100 / HDR in Photomatix / f/11 @ 1, 3 and 6 seconds.

Alfred Forns
02-20-2008, 09:09 AM
HI Phil this is the view !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it shows that cliffs better than any other Sure wish I would have tried one !!! Just perfect for my taste !!! Big Congrats !!!

Robert Amoruso
02-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Phil,

Since I have almost the same image, can't help but like it. Nice to see you working the area besides just the birds. Many great possibilities there. Well done.

Judd Patterson
02-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Lovely area Phil! The early light and well executed composition are great. Will I find much activity if I visit in early August? I have a conference in San Diego again and would like to extend it by a couple days to see some of the local scenery/wildlife.

Phil Colla
02-21-2008, 12:46 AM
Will I find much activity if I visit in early August? I have a conference in San Diego again and would like to extent it by a couple days to see some of the local scenery/wildlife.

Judd,
The winter attraction on those cliffs is the pelicans and cormorants in breeding plumage. They will look pretty drab in August, but there will be some there (although fewer in number). I think there is an active bird community in San Diego that can tune you in to what bird action is happening in summer, but unfortunately I'm the wrong guy for that, I just don't know much about it. There are things to shoot year-round that don't involve wildlife, and I can give you ideas about that if you PM sometime before you come, but honestly come summer I do most of my photography elsewhere saving San Diego photography for winter time. Cheers, Phil

Bret Edge
02-21-2008, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't change a darn thing about this image! The color is gorgeous and you've perfectly composed this scene. Very nice work, Phil.

Jay R. Seltzer
02-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Beautiful colors and detail. -Jay