PDA

View Full Version : Dandelion

Grahame Hamblin
01-16-2010, 08:59 PM
D300 Iso 200 macro 100 f22 beauty flash cropped 30% slightly sharpened I dont know if i like it or not but is intreagin comments welcome

Anita Bower
01-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Dandelions are fascinating flowers and seeds to photograph. Getting in close like this allows one to see the beautiful details we otherwise mss.

I think the flash hurt this image by creating those super bright spots (however, I don't use flash so don't really know). Somehow, the dof is not what I would have expected with f22. If more of the dandelion were in focus, this would be a stronger image.

I like the angle you chose, the crop and the dark bg.

Jerry van Dijk
01-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi Grahame,

I like your composition, and your use of DOF creates a nice 3D feel. I do feel that the image has a little too much contrast (much dark and much highlight, but too little in between). The image is also very grainy, result of very high ISO? I also see some jpeg artifacting on the stem.

Julie Kenward
01-17-2010, 09:36 PM
I think in this case the noise throughout the image is a deal breaker for me, Grahame. I do like your choice oc composition and the angle you chose for the flower in the frame. Do you have any idea why the image is so dark overall?

Mike Moats
01-18-2010, 05:58 AM
Hey Grahame, I like the positioning of the dandelion, agree a brighter white would look nice. I agree with Anitia, it seem like you should be getting a lot more depth of field at f/22.