PDA

View Full Version : Topaz Remask Question

Harold Davis
01-16-2010, 11:04 AM
anyone out there using this plug in? if so, pros and cons would be great. curious how much better it is than using quick selection tool or using a quick mask.

thanks!

Jeff Cashdollar
01-16-2010, 11:26 AM
I have used it and like it!

For me it is easier than using selection tools in certain situations IMO. There is a thread in the ETL forum about a month ago where it is discussed in one of my threads and another member used it, I will send the link later today.

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50935

Garry Gibson
01-16-2010, 11:33 PM
I use it all the time. It take less than a minute to do a rudimentary mask and not much longer to refine it.

Harold Davis
01-17-2010, 10:02 AM
thanks, guys....i got it, used it and it was pretty simple and easy. much easier and tons more efficient than a QM or using the quick selection tool!!

kostas nianiopoulos
01-17-2010, 10:19 AM
i use it , its pretty cool nice and easy and fast

Kerry Perkins
01-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Here's another vote for ReMask2!! I've done some non-scientific comparisons using the same image with both traditional selection techniques and RM2 and it's no contest IMHO. The Topaz plug-in is just plain easier and faster. I have read some posts that expressed frustration with the clean-up process, but I have not seen this to be a problem at all, especially if you read the documentation and check out the tutorial on YouTube. ;) The first version was not as good, but the recent one is excellent.

P.S. - if you run the plug on a layer mask instead of the image it saves a couple of steps and you can clean up really problematic areas with any of the standard selection tools.

Harold Davis
01-17-2010, 03:56 PM
here ya go. this is with less than 24 hours with the plug in. there were two palm tree trunks growing out of his head and another cutting through the shaft of the club. i also used it for both legs and feet and the ball. i know it's not a nature pic, but it's what i have had to do for the last three weeks. catalog pics for a golf club company:eek:

thanks for the replies. remask 2 is a definite keeper!!!!!

Desmond Chan
01-17-2010, 05:07 PM
My impression is Topaz Remask is the perhaps enhanced "Background Eraser" of Photoshop. Photoshop removed it from CS4 for some reason.