PDA

View Full Version : What's "HA" mean?

Neil Cameron
01-16-2010, 07:48 AM
I'm sure I'm going to feel quite stoopid for asking this, but for the life of me the only definition I can think of for the abbreviation "HA" that I see used a lot in the critique forums is "Head Angle". So what does it really mean?

Neil

Jamie Strickland
01-16-2010, 08:25 AM
your correct its head angle :)

paul leverington
01-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Sometimes it gets so annoying with frustration from the abbreviations around here I move on to something else when I hit one that I don't know. If it's going to be business as usual to use these maybe an index could get set up so folks--and here I'm thinking the newbies and those who are from other countries especially--can more easily get through them. Would that be hard to implement Jim?

Paul

Mike Tracy
01-16-2010, 09:04 AM
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12681

Roger Clark
01-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Just above the gray bar separating sticky posts from regular posts is one sticky called:
Acronym List

I see that not all forums have it, but General Photography Discussion does.

Roger

paul leverington
01-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Hey great! Didn't know that existed obviously. Maybe make it more prominent in all forums now perhaps. But thanks guys.

Roger--I've been just now getting into reading your tech stuff on your site and am not only learning a lot but thoroughly enjoying it. Great, great stuff! So glad your doing all this sharing with the knowledge and expertise that you possess. Really hope to catch up to you some day.

Paul

Neil Cameron
01-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys, and I also didn't see the Acronym List sticky - er obviously.

Neil

Stephen Feingold
01-19-2010, 12:38 PM
An acronym is different than an abbreviation.