PDA

View Full Version : Body Surfing

Joe Senzatimore
01-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Been cold and quiet here on LI. Warmed up a bit yesterday and got out for a while. A small group of Brant at Point Lookout provided the only photo opportunity.

800ISO f8 at 1/4000th

Randy Stout
01-15-2010, 08:21 AM
Joe:

I like the concept of this image, with the goose up on the wave. I might consider more space to the right, to accentuate the wave ridge, if you have it.

The bird itself looks a bit soft. Certainly not shutter speed issue. Is this a sig. crop?

Cheers

Randy

Marina Scarr
01-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Hi Joe: I really like how the goose is riding the top of the wave. I would sharpen his head and neck a bit more. The crop seems to work. It's normally tough to choose a crop in different shots such as these. I would patch out what appears to be another goose's foot (or maybe a fish?) in the right side of the photo.

Randy Stout
01-15-2010, 08:56 AM
Marina:
Good pickup on the foot. Well, adding canvas would be a bit more of an issue, since their is another bird lurking there, but still might try.

Randy

Axel Hildebrandt
01-15-2010, 09:13 AM
I like the look-back pose, wave, BG and water color. I would tone down the whites a bit more and agree about the 'lost foot'. Maybe a slight crop off the top?

Tom Walters
01-15-2010, 11:58 AM
I like this idea, well executed with a nice swell beneath the bird. Foot was a good spot, didnt notice that till Marina said :), I would possibly also tone down whites.

Nice name for the image by the way :p

Dave Leroy
01-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Nice idea Joe. I also like the idea of a bit more on the right and if mine, I might also take a tad off the top to strech it out a bit more. Dave