PDA

View Full Version : Heading Out the Golden Gate

Chris Hansen
01-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Yesterday a container ship the Albert Rickmers was outbound from San Fransisco through the "Golden Gate" and past the Pt. Reyes Lighthouse amid the rain clouds. I don't get down to the big city very often so when I do I make sure to bring my camera. The lighthouse was built in 1870 and was finally decommisioned in 1975 and is now part of Pt. Reyes National Seashore.

God bless,

chris

Harshad Barve
01-15-2010, 02:32 AM
Beautiful image Chris , That ship is poping out on blues nicely
TFS

Indranil Sircar
01-15-2010, 03:54 AM
Hi Chris, nice image with the clouds. Btw, I belive that's Pt Bonita Lighthouse.

arash_hazeghi
01-15-2010, 04:38 AM
Very nice Chris, the light house is Point Bonita, Point Reyes light house is some 42 miles to the north west and cannot be seen from here. Containers go empty to China and return full with goods to fill Walmart :D

TFS

Gus Cobos
01-15-2010, 05:11 AM
Very nice capture Chris. I like the cloud formation and the overall feel to this one...:cool:

Chris Hansen
01-15-2010, 10:41 AM
I appreciate the geography lesson guys. I guess I had better look at a map next time! So the new caption is
Yesterday a container ship the Albert Rickmers was outbound from San Fransisco through the "Golden Gate" and past the Point Bonita Lighthouse amid the rain clouds. I don't get down to the big city very often so when I do I make sure to bring my camera. The lighthouse was built in 1855 it was too high up in the fog and was relocated down lower to its present postion in 1877. The lighthouse is in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area.
Thanks and God bless,

chris

Alfred Forns
01-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Fine image Chris !!! Love the mood !!!