PDA

View Full Version : Hoarfrost

Zenon Char
01-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Woke up and the city had a blanket of hoarfrost the other day.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/Zenon1/_MG_7377_tonemapped.jpg

Canon 5D2 & 24-105
ISO 100
AV 9
TV 1/320
80mm

Converted to B&W using B&W Studio by Power Retouche

Gerald_Gilligan
01-15-2010, 03:39 AM
Zenon,
I like the the way the tree's play off of the sky...There is a certain richness here...I wish that the right tree branches were all in the frame. The dark spot in the road is distracting to me...but I see how the composition came together with the other background elements. The tree's alone may have carried this image, but I will defer to see what others think...

Jerry

Dave Mills
01-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Hi Zenon, Exposure is beautifully handled and a great subject for B/W. The trees really pop and I also would of liked to see the tree on the right not cut. If this were mine I would have given it a bit more room on the bottom and added more room on the left to get in more of the road. Nice image!

Nick Palmieri
01-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Agree with others comments. Very nice B&W conversion...wonder if others think its a bit over sharpened...Very very nice overall as presented!

Robert Amoruso
01-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Everyone is on the right track here. The trees on the right should be completely in the frame (assuming that something did not exist out of image that caused you to frame this way). I would have also include more room at the bottom as the trucks are too close to the bottom edge. I like the tree in the far BG on the left as it help to balance the image with the road but would have included just a bit more than that. The road is a great leading line that adds depth to the image and visual interest on the left.

Jerry mentioned the dark spot. I agree it does catch the eye as it meanders down the road. You could clone some snow into it if that is something you don't have an issue doing, but all in all I don't think it is a big deal.

Well done on the exposure and overall tonality of the image.

Ramesh Adkoli
01-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Beautifully rendered, Zenon. Worth visiting and trying out some different perspectives. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Roman Kurywczak
01-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Hi Zenon,
Can't add much to the above comments as I agree with the recomendations. I'd imagine it was really cold out there on this one!